ON SCREENS NOW: Only the Brave hits theaters tonight. Everywhere tomorrow. Cast and crew note how special this film is, like No Country or Hell or High Water.
Teaser trailer for Godless – the 6 part limited western series produced by Steven Soderbergh is here. The show will be released on Netflix on November 22nd.
Extended trailer for 12 Strong, aka Horse Soldiers, starring Chris Hemsworth, Michael Shannon, Michael Pena and Trevante Rhodes here.
NM indie film River is now available on Amazon Prime.
Tagged S3 – Streaming series
Green Olds – Feature Film
Dreamland – Feature Film
The Kid – Feature Film
The Wind – Feature Film
The Wave – Feature Film
The Brave – TV Series
Tremors – TV Pilot
Better Call Saul is now in pre-production. Approximately 8 other productions are in active development as we head into the rest of fall and winter.
1.) Dreamland is looking for a 5-year-old Caucasian boy with green or blue eyes for a scene shooting Nov. 8. Send a photo with height, weight DOB and parent’s name and phone number to email@example.com. Please put Eugene in the subject line.
2.) Feature Film “THE KID” is in its final week of filming. They are now casting for Hispanic and Caucasian Men who have not worked on this film as BG yet. Men age 18-75, facial hair, and dark features are a plus. Casting to fill dingy saloon scenes, brothels, and full towns. If this is you or someone you know email a current photo and contact number to SandeAlessiNM@gmail.com with “Final Week” in the subject line.
3.) “T@gged” Season 3 for background on Saturday 10/21/17, in and around Albuquerque. PREPPY PARTY GOERS: 18-28, males and females, all ethnicities and body types. Should have a more UPSCALE and/or PREPPY look. NEW FACES PREFERRED, who have not yet worked this season. Full casting notice here.
4.) Dept. of Transportation CASTING for an “ABUELA,” Hispanic woman over age 68. Submit for an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org
5.) Tremors is looking for young, fit, hip people to work on a few scenes in early November. Burning Man types. Re-submitting is not necessary.
6.) Indie feature The Wave is casting background actors to work at $75/day (unless otherwise specified.)
BACKGROUND BREAKDOWNS FOR CASTING, RATE $75/DAY:
1. Office Workers: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE(25 yr – 60 yr) Insurance agency employees going about their day, please submit photos in office wear that you are able to shoot in. Works 10/22, 10/23, 10/24: Include all availability as some will be asked to work more than one of those days. (5, 9, 5 = 19)
2. EMT: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE (30-45 years old) Appears in uniform at accident scene. Submit photos in uniform if available. Works 10/26 & 11/16: PLEASE SUBMIT IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE EITHER DAY, INCLUDE YOUR AVAIL. (2, 2 = 4)
3. Pedestrians: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE (25 – 80 yrs years old) Neighbors and local business patrons who go about their own day. Works 10/30, 11/2, 11/3 & 11/16 PLEASE SUBMIT IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE EITHER DAY, INCLUDE YOUR AVAIL (3, 3, 2, 7 = 13)
4. Meth Heads: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE (20s – 40s) Very slim, with a look of being on the downtrodden side of life. Works 11/3 (3)
5. Bar Patrons: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE (20s-40s) Hipster looks and Biker looks preferred. Works 11/3 (5)
6. Club Girls: Any Ethnicity FEMALE (20s) Group of women dressed to the nines to hit a nightclub with their friends. Works 11/3 (4)
7. Hipsters: Any Ethnicity MALE and FEMALE (20s – 40s) Hipster crowd. Works 11/7, 11/8 (27, 10 = 37)
8. Coke Heads: Any Ethnicity MALE and FEMALE (20s – 40s) Hard partiers gathered around a table doing coke. Works 11/8 (2M/2F)
9. Party Goers: Any Ethnicity MALE and FEMALE (20s-40s) Eclectic party-goers, hipsters and those with piercings preferred. Works 11/9
10. Firemen: Any Ethnicity MALE (20s – 50s) Firemen responding to accident. Uniforms preferred. Works 11/16 (2)
1. Teenage Girl: Any Ethnicity FEMALE (18+ to play younger) Punk teen. Role requires kissing backgrounder actor playing her boyfriend in a car.*If you are a a member of a couple and both would like to do it, please submit a pic of your significant other. Works 11/1
2. Teenage Boy: Any Ethnicity MALE (18+ to play younger) Punk teen. Role requires kissing background actor playing his girlfriend in a car.*If you are a a member of a couple and both would like to do it, please submit a pic of your significant other. Works 11/1
3. Woman Watching TV: Caucasian FEMALE (60s – 80s) Elderly woman watching TV with her husband. *If you would like to work with your significant other, please include his photo in your submission. Works 11/1
4. Man Watching TV: Caucasian MALE (60s – 80s) Elderly man watching TV with his wife. *If you would like to work with your significant other, please include her photo in your submission. Works 11/1
5. Bartender: Any Ethnicity FEMALE (20s) Hipster or Punk look, business-like. Works 11/3 and 11/7 PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU AREN’T AVAILABLE BOTH DAYS.
6. Bearded Hipster: Any Ethnicity MALE (20s-40s) Long beard, takes his hipster lifestyle to another level. Works 11/7
7. Flirting Man: Any Ethnicity MALE (40s) Man hitting on young woman at bar. Works 11/7
8. Uninterested Woman: Any Ethnicity FEMALE (20s) Young woman being hit on older man. Works 11/7
9. Janitor/Bar Back: Any Ethnicity MALE (20s-50s) The dirt of manual labor hangs on this hard-worker. Uniform bits that might work are welcome. Works 11/7
10. Fighter: Any Ethnicity MALE (20s -40s) Starts a fight at the party. Works 11/8
11. Vietnamese Wife: East Asian FEMALE (40s) Is shocked to find Frank in her destroyed home as her husband tears into him. Works 11/9
12. Vietnamese Grandmother: East Asian FEMALE (60s – 80s) Is shocked to find Frank in her destroyed home as her son tears into him. Works 11/9
13. Neighbor: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE (60s – 70s) Looks shocked when s/he sees Frank run past. Works 11/9
14. Cop: Any Ethnicity MALE or FEMALE (20s – 50s) Respondent Cop’s Partner at accident scene. Uniforms preferred. Works 11/9
To submit – Send picture, resume and availability (based on desired role) to email@example.com.
Get ready for New Mexico Film Week February 6-12, 2018 in Santa Fe
Includes the Santa Fe Film Festival, Industry tune-up panels & workshops, the new New Mexico Film & Television Hall Of Fame Awards gala and annual film & media day at the state legislature. Visit ShootNM.org for updates.